Hayes Township in Charlevoix County recently learned that the Michigan Department of Natural Resources and the Great Lakes Fishery Trust selected Camp Sea-Gull, the public park they own on Lake Charlevoix, to receive a total of $912,400 in grant funding. The Township has been strategically piecing together funding over the past couple years to make their dream for the park a reality. Plans for Camp Sea-Gull include a fishing pier, boat launch, parking, renovated cabins, and an improved access road from a new entrance down to the new launch. In combination with these grant allocations, some Township funding, and the establishment of an account at the Charlevoix County Community Foundation for donations, this project will soon become a reality.
- Take the Next Step with the MI-STEP Program
- Get Ready, Get Set, Get a Strategic Plan
- How the STTF Grant Awards Impact Northern Michigan
- If You Want a Better Team… Don’t Give Em an Answer!
- The Times They Are A-Changin’