Building owner, Luther Kurtz, is putting the finishing touches on his grand vision for a redeveloped commercial space along the Van Pelt Alley in downtown Charlevoix. The three buildings he recently purchased have been underutilized for quite some time but will soon bring new life and opportunity to the space. Following an investment of about $1.2 million, the buildings will be home to a new Mexican restaurant, a full service salon, a flower shop, a gift and clothing shop, a coffee shop, an ice cream parlor and six new residential units. In addition to the space for new businesses, the project is expected to create 15 new full-time equivalent jobs, and increase the number of residential spaces available in the community. Take a tour of downtown Charlevoix’s new Mercado with building owner, Luther Kurtz.
- Business Incubators, Launch Pads, and Pop-Ups, Oh My!
- LEAN Champion Program Coming to Northern Michigan
- ALICE Training Opportunity
- Workforce Challenges Survey
- Travel Assistance Awarded to Support Manufacturing Completion Camp