Economic Development: Business Retention & Growth Specialist
Job Posting – Flexibility, generous benefits, work-life integration, and the opportunity to help make a difference in the economic vitality of your region. This is what a career at the Northern Lakes Economic Alliance (NLEA) can offer you! This is a full-time position.
The NLEA is a dynamic economic and community development organization that works with multiple partners to create and retain jobs throughout a four-county service area. Our mission is accomplished by supporting the businesses, entrepreneurs and communities in Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan and Emmet Counties, Michigan, USA. www.northernlakes.net
The NLEA is seeking a qualified candidate to join our team of economic and community development professionals. This position focuses on the retention and growth of area companies and manufacturers.
If you are a team player and want to make an impact by working with businesses to grow the economy, this opportunity is for you.
What we need from you:
- Energy and the ability to work well both on your own and with a team
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and public speaking
- The ability to manage multiple complex projects at a time
- A capacity to build relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Knowledge of business resources and economic development tools as well as a willingness to learn.
- The desire to help entrepreneurs, businesses, and communities find solutions to help create and retain jobs in our region
- A bachelor’s degree in fields that relate to business & community development, communication, planning, marketing or related field. Experience in economic development will also be considered.
What you can expect from us:
- A fun, professional, and supportive working atmosphere
- Flexible work hours and the ability for work-life integration
- The tools and training to be successful at your position
- Competitive pay and excellent benefits package including health care, vacation, retirement, company car, and cell phone stipend
- A challenging, interesting, and diverse number of large and small projects to manage
Before proceeding, please review the detailed job description here..
Please email confidential cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: Andy Hayes, President – Northern Lakes Economic Alliance. Subject: Economic Development Position – email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.