Northern Michigan Pitch Night Competitions
Green Light East Jordan Pitch Night Big Success! Picture over 200 in attendance, watching 11 entrepreneur finalists “pitch” their business idea. The winner walking away with $10,000! AND… four new business launches as a result! That’s exactly what happened in early October.
Over 300 in attendance for Invest Cheboygan Pitch Night!!…
Wed. Nov. 1, 7 pm at the Cheboygan Opera House, nine finalists competed for $15,000 in prize money. The winner earned a check for $10,000!
Next up… the GRAND EVENT!!!…
Monday, Nov. 20, 5:30 pm at Beards Brewery (downtown Petoskey). Top winners from Greenlight East Jordan and Invest Cheboygan Pitch Night’s will compete for an additional $25,000!
Here are your 2017 Grand Event Finalists:
- 221 Main Street
- Adventure Sports North
- CK Innovate
- Explore Cheboygan Land & Watersports
- Hops-N-Props Boat Works
- Michigan Invoice Solutions
- Northern Michigan Drum Village
- South Arm Market
- The Queens Head
- Urban Bird & Company
Free to attend, but you must register to attend. Click here to register
Thanks to the generous sponsorship donations. The DTE Foundation & the Consumers Energy Foundation are our Premier Sponsors, with many area and local sponsors as well. Local sponsors include:
- Green Light East Jordan- Spartan Innovations, Burnette Foods, INC., Sommerset Pointe, North Central Michigan College, North Central Michigan College Foundation, Consumers Energy Foundation, DTE Energy Foundation, Jordan River Arts Council, East Jordan Area Chamber of Commerce, Charlevoix County Community Foundation, Landing Restaurant, Charlevoix State Bank, A Matter of Taste, East Jordan Plastics, Royal Farms, EJ, Castle Farms, Big E’s Smoke Shack, Short’s Brewing Company, The Insurance Shop, East Jordan Public Schools Catering.
- Invest Cheboygan– Consumers Energy Foundation, DTE Energy Foundation, Northeast Michigan Council of Governments, Cheboygan Communities Foundation, Cheboygan Economic Development Group, Citizens National Bank, PNC Bank, Calcite Credit Union, City of Cheboygan, Small Business Development Center of Michigan, Cheboygan Opera House, Cheboygan Daily Tribune, Cheboygan Area Chamber of Commerce, Straits Area Federal Credit Union.
- Grand Event- Consumers Energy Foundation & DTE Energy Foundation.
Prize money: Each pitch night will be giving away large cash awards.
GreenLight East Jordan & Invest Cheboygan
- First place will receive $10,000
- Second place will receive $3,000
- Third place will receive $1,500
- Student Entrepreneur Award $1,000 (Specific to only GreenLight East Jordan)
- People’s Choice of $500
Grand Event- Northern Michigan Pitch Night
- First place will receive $15,000
- Second place will receive $5,000
- Third place will receive $3,000
- People’s Choice will receive $2,000
There will also be additional prizes such as chamber memberships.