Heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration mechanics and installers—often referred to as HVAC technicians—work on heating, ventilation, cooling, and refrigeration systems that control the air quality in many types of buildings. They mostly work in residential homes, schools, hospitals, office buildings, or factories.
HVAC Mechanic and Installer- $20 – $22/hour (average entry-level wage)
“This trade is good for people that hate being in an office, that like to get out and probably get dirty like to wear jeans to work, and have fun with friends. We have tons of fun out in the field.”
- DAILY TASKS
– Going on service calls to fix duct-work.
– Completing the fabrication and installation of sheet metal products.
– Maintaining, testing, and balancing HVAC systems and other sheet metal products.
- CAREER PATH
– Friend referral
– Learned the skills needed with on the job training
– Obtained a sheet metal journeyman’s degree.
Applicable programs in the area: