Northern Michigan Pitch Night Competitions
Green Light East Jordan Pitch Night Big Success! Picture over 200 in attendance, watching 11 entrepreneur finalists “pitch” their business idea. The winner walking away with $10,000! AND… four new business launches as a result! That’s exactly what happened in early October.
Your winners from GreenLight East Jordan are…
First Place ($10,000)- South Arm Market
Second Place ($3,000)- Hops-N-Props Boat Works
Third Place ($1,500)- Adventure Sports North
Student Award ($1,000)- Kid Kart Vending
People’s Choice Award ($500)- Hops-N-Props Boat Work
Over 300 in attendance for Invest Cheboygan Pitch Night!!…
And Your Winners Are…
First Place ($10,000)- The Queens Head
Second Place ($3,000)- Michigan Invoice Solutions
Third Place ($1,5000)- Urban Bird & Company
People’s Choice ($500)- Urban Bird & Company
Next up… the GRAND EVENT!!!…
The top two winners from GreenLight East Jordan and Invest Cheboygan received automatic bids to the Grand Event that took place at Beards Brewery in Petoskey. In addition to the four automatic bids, six wildcard spots were awarded to new businesses from around the region. These ten contestants took the stage on November 20th to compete for an additional $25,000!
Your 2017 Grand Event Winners are…
First Place ($15,000)- South Arm Market
Second Place ($5,000)- Adventure Sports North
Third Place ($3,000)- Urban Bird & Company
People’s Choice Award ($2,000)- Urban Bird & Company
Thanks to the generous sponsorship donations. DTE Foundation & Consumers Energy Foundation are our Premier Sponsors, with many area and local sponsors as well. Local sponsors include:
- Green Light East Jordan- Spartan Innovations, Burnette Foods, INC., Sommerset Pointe, North Central Michigan College, North Central Michigan College Foundation, Consumers Energy Foundation, DTE Energy Foundation, Jordan River Arts Council, East Jordan Area Chamber of Commerce, Charlevoix County Community Foundation, Landing Restaurant, Charlevoix State Bank, A Matter of Taste, East Jordan Plastics, Royal Farms, EJ, Castle Farms, Big E’s Smoke Shack, Short’s Brewing Company, The Insurance Shop, East Jordan Public Schools Catering.
- Invest Cheboygan– Consumers Energy Foundation, DTE Energy Foundation, Northeast Michigan Council of Governments, Cheboygan Communities Foundation, Cheboygan Economic Development Group, Citizens National Bank, PNC Bank, Calcite Credit Union, City of Cheboygan, Small Business Development Center of Michigan, Cheboygan Opera House, Cheboygan Daily Tribune, Cheboygan Area Chamber of Commerce, Straits Area Federal Credit Union.
- Grand Event- Consumers Energy Foundation, DTE Energy Foundation & Beards Brewery.
Prize money: Each pitch night will be giving away large cash awards.
GreenLight East Jordan & Invest Cheboygan
- First place will receive $10,000
- Second place will receive $3,000
- Third place will receive $1,500
- Student Entrepreneur Award $1,000 (Specific to only GreenLight East Jordan)
- People’s Choice of $500
Grand Event- Northern Michigan Pitch Night
- First place will receive $15,000
- Second place will receive $5,000
- Third place will receive $3,000
- People’s Choice will receive $2,000
There will also be additional prizes such as chamber memberships.