Resources for Northern Michigan Businesses and Communities during COVID-19
Provided below are page links to the most recent information to assist your business. We will continue to update this information as more resources become available.
We encourage you to contact and visit the websites of your trade association, local Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Development Authority (DDA), and Main Street organizations for the most updated information pertaining to your industry and community.
Local financial institutions are your FIRST step for financial assistance. Most financial institutions have several options and policies for assistance during COVID-19.
Links to key information and resources:
- State of Michigan Website Coronavirus Section: michigan.gov/coronavirus
- SBA (Small Business Administration) sba.gov
- MI-SBDC (Small Business Development Center) sbdcmichigan.org
MEDC (Michigan Economic Development Corp) michiganbusiness.org/covid19
- USDA (US Dept of Ag.) usda.gov/coronavirus
- DTE Energy newlook.dteenergy.com/wps/wcm/connect/dte-web/home/business
- Consumers Energy consumersenergy.com
- Great Lakes Energy gtlakes.com
Business re-opening guide, playbooks, and resources
As businesses prepare to reopen, there are several guides to help. We will update the list as we receive information.
- NLEA Business Guide to Re-opening :NLEA Business Re-Opening Guidelines
- Lear Safe Work Playbook:Lear Safe Work Playbook
- Magna Smart Start Playbook:Magna_SmartStartPlaybook
- OSHA Guidance for Re-Opening After COVID – 19: OSHA Guidance for Re-Opening
- Tourism Marketing Focus Coronavirus Battle Plan:Tourism-Marketing focus Coronavirus
- Consumers Energy Small Business Assistance/Survival Kit: Small Business Assistance with link to tool kit
- MEDC Michigan Main Streets Guide to Reopening: michigan.reopenmainstreet.com
- PTACs of Michigan COVID-19 Playbook: www.networksnorthwest.org
- Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity-COVID-19 Workplace Safety: https://www.michigan.gov/leo/0,5863,7-336-100207—,00.html
PPE Procurement Assistance:
Pure Michigan Business Connect (PMBC) through MEDC is offering a free, online procurement and donation platform to assist suppliers of critical health and human services across a broad range of categories, including local municipalities, in accessing supplies and products as they respond to the COVID-19 outbreak.
If you are an organization or municipality in need of critical supplies, or if your manufacturing company can respond to those needs, fill out the forms at the link below.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Produced Locally
We know that several area companies are re-tooling to produce a variety of COVID 19 related personal protection equipment (PPE). Here are those we know of… if you know of others please send us the company and product… we’ll add to the list!
- Mammoth Distillery, Central Lake mammothdistilling.com
- Gypsy Vodka / High Five Spirits, Petoskey gypsyvodka.com
- Foggy Mountain Spirit Company, Boyne Falls foggymtspiritco.com
- Les Cheneaux Distillers, Cedarville lescheneauxdistillers.com
- Long Road Distillers, Boyne City longroaddistillers.com/handsanitizer
- 1-800-Stencil, Boyne City 1800stencil.com
- Traverse Bay Manufacturing, Elk Rapids tbmfg.com
- 1-800-Stencil, Boyne City https://www.1800stencil.com/
- Shaggy’s Copper Country Skis, Boyne City https://www.skishaggys.com/
- LexaMar Corporation/ Magna, Boyne City magna.com/home
Non-Surgical Protective Gowns
- Petoskey Plastics, Petoskey petoskeyplastics.com/isolation-gowns
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Produced Statewide
Michigan Chamber of Commerce list of PPE michamber.com/personal-protection-equipment
The Right Place, Grand Rapids Economic Development Organization list of PPE rightplace.org/for-local-business/product-specs-for-covid-19-ppe-equipment