Business and Economic Development Organizations:
- Northwest Michigan Industrial Association (NWMIA)
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC)
- Michigan Economic Developers Association (MEDA)
Regional Planning Organizations: (community development and economic data)
State of Michigan Sites:
- Michigan DNRE (Department of Natural Resources and Environment)
- Michigan State Housing Development Authority
- Michigan Department of Transportation
Federal Agency Sites:
- Economic Development Administration (grant opps for regional development)
- Federal Grant Locator
- USDA Rural Development direct or guaranteed loans, grants, technical assistance, etc.
Information for Redevelopment Readiness:
Community Permitting & Zoning Guides
The NLEA assisted the Northwest Michigan Council of Governments in creating the following Permitting & Zoning Guides. They are designed to assist you in the process of opening or relocating a business in Antrim, Emmet, Charlevoix, or Cheboygan Counties.
Free Technical Assistance for Small Business Technology Taskforces
The Michigan Rural Council (MRC) has partnered with Connect Michigan (CM) and the Microenterprise Network of Michigan (MNM) to provide selected rural communities with free technical assistance to develop local Small Business Technology Taskforces. Part of this project is to develop a video to be used as a teaching aid. This is the new BrightSide video, done by Community Economic Development Association of Michigan (CEDAM) promoting the ‘ROI’ for businesses that utilize broadband in their business model. One of the business models highlighted in this video is that of MI Farm Market, Ellsworth & Traverse City.
NLEA’s Team of Economic Development Specialists can assist communities in finding the most effective approach to meet their needs. To learn more about our services and full range of community development solutions, please contact us at 231-582-6482, or by email.